Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Resentment.

I thought about this before, but not too much, just a passing thought after having a conversation with a friend of mine about someone we both know.  When you watch a television sitcom about a family, or a bunch of friends, or possibly one of those romantic comedies, or teen movies etc etc, you'll usually see some "attractive" asshole, either male or female, that makes fun of a nice/nerdy/all around great person, but they are "bigger" or in normal terms fat.

Everyone then hates the good looking person, feeling bad for the fat girl/guy and then "karma" kicks in and the attractive one gets it, or the fat one goes through a montage and gets all "hot".

The reason I bring this up though is, I would believe that us larger folk, are more bitter towards those thinner folk, and treat them worse that they probably treat us. I mean, how many times have you heard a larger person refer to another person as a "stick" or "skinny" or something? Those are not terms of endearment. I wouldn't say it's due to jealousy, but it's just people being mean.

I don't understand the purpose of people being mean to other people they don't really know, and insulting them. I mean, does it make them feel better about themselves by allowing them to convince themselves that they are better off than they people they are making fun of?

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thoughts. . . I *Pause for dramatic effect* am Awesome! That is all..lol

    ReplyDelete